JCCC Membership Dues and Registrant Standards
There are four membership levels:
|Active||Director||For Japanese organizations and American organizations|
|*Representative of a Director Member is automatically registered as a JCCC Board Member|
|General||For Japanese organizations and organizations|
|Associate||For American corporations|
|Individual||For small business owners, students, and visiting scholars|
- The JCCC conducts most of its programs and services in the Japanese language. Therefore, it is most beneficial to your company to register individuals who are able to communicate effectively in Japanese.
- As a general rule, the JCCC provides services only to registrants in a member company. An employee of a member company is not eligible for JCCC services if s/he is not registered as a JCCC member.
- Only the children in the registrant household are eligible to enroll in Chicago Futabakai Japanese Schools.
|Type of Membership||Number of Registrants||Annual Membership Dues|
|Active Member||Director Member||1-5||$3,120|
|More than 11||$2,340+ ($156 x # of registrants)|
|More than 11||$780+ ($156 x # of registrants)|
* Number of Registrants is the number each member company registers.
* 10% of membership dues will be contributed to JCCC Foundation. The 10% of the Membership Dues will be automatically given to the JCCC Foundation as a contribution unless declared otherwise. This portion of the Membership Dues is tax-deductible.
- American organizations are eligible for Active Membership (Director and General levels). However, as most of our seminars, events, and correspondence are in Japanese, many American corporations choose the Associate membership level.
- Organizations that are joint Japanese and American ventures must apply for Active membership.
- Membership is renewed in January every year. The membership fee is then calculated according to the number of registrants. The fee can be paid annually or semiannually.
- All membership fees are non-refundable. Once received, the JCCC will not increase, reduce or waive fees under any circumstances. Failure to make the full payment will result in a cancellation of membership.
- For first-time membership, the JCCC will charge a pro-rated membership fee according to the number of the remaining months in that year. For example, if your membership is approved in April, the total amount is the sum of the monthly fee from May to December. For this reason, we ask all first-time members to pay the fee in a single payment.